From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: New mobo change
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 23:24:33
1 Edward M wrote:
2 > On 10/21/2013 2:13 AM, Dale wrote:
3 >> While I like Gigabyte as a brand, if this is going to be something
4 >> that reduces the value of my purchase, I want to get something else.
7 > Appears IOMMU is becoming an industry standard and is also being
8 > used by other motherboard makers.
9 >
10 > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_IOMMU-supporting_hardware
14 This is one thing I am trying to figure out. Is the iommu thing good or
15 bad? It was disabled by default and I had to enable it. Then I had to
16 edit the kernel command line to get the system to boot. I don't mind it
17 enabled in the BIOS as that is a setting. I just see the kernel command
18 line as a bit of a hack. When I got this figured out and posted here,
19 that was one of the things I was wondering about. Is this a good thing
20 or bad thing? From what I have read, Linux is not supporting something
21 and that is the reason for the failure. I'm just trying to figure out
22 which way this thing is leaning.
23
24 Right now, this is a bit confusing. :/
25
26 Dale
27
31 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!