From: Valmor de Almeida <val.gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] external monitor output during boot
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 04:43:29
1 On 05/17/2011 11:51 PM, Mark Shields wrote:
2 > On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 10:56 PM, Valmor de Almeida
3 > <val.gentoo@×××××.com <mailto:val.gentoo@×××××.com>> wrote:
4 >
5 [snip]
8 > > Hello,
9 > >
10 > > What controls the screen output to an external monitor
11 > connected to a
12 > > laptop during boot or when just using a plain console without an X
13 > > server running? Before a recent update the output would just
14 > > automatically go to an external monitor when one is connected.
15 > Now it
16 > > does not; not sure it has anything to do with the openrc
17 > migration.
18 > >
19 [snip]
20 >
21 > Does it clone during the BIOS screen?
22
23 I checked the BIOS and there are the following options for boot display
24 device:
25
26 ThinkPad LCD
27 Analog (VGA)
28 Digital on ThinkPad
29
30 The first is selected and I have not touched it; ever. It appears that
31 when the laptop boots with the external LCD connected, a signal is sent
32 to the external monitor since I see a resolution note and a bit of a
33 back light on the monitor. However none of the boot messages go to the
34 external monitor. They stay on the laptop lcd.
35
36 Thanks,
39 Valmor