From: Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Seamonkey and Firefox clash over rust version.
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 09:09:42
1 On Mon, 10 Jan 2022 at 08:50, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Howdy,
4 >
5 > I've been dealing with this for a while. When I do my updates, it
6 > either omits seamonkey because the rust version installed is to new or
7 > downgrades rust. I keyworded rust to see if emerge could sort it out
8 > itself but Seamonkey then complains about the newer version of rust.
9 >
10 > I've read some stories about rust and such but this is annoying. Is
11 > there not a way to make both packages happy? For once, I'd like to be
12 > able to update and get a clean outcome. Heck, at this point, I'm a bit
13 > confused. I've went around in circles so much, I feel like a
14 > professional drunk. :/
15 >
16 > Thoughts?
17
18 I would try to remove this dependency in an overlay. I noticed the
19 release notes for seamonkey 2.53.10.2 mentions fixing something about
20 rust-1.57, and no mention of rust in any of the versions between the
21 latest in portage and that one, so I question if there is actually a
22 dependency on an older rust here.
23
24 Regards,
25 Arve