From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] grub vs grub 2
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 21:46:35
1 On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 21:57:03 +0100, LK wrote:
2
3 > > I'm not sure how that translates to being more complex. If you are
4 > > averse to change, just say so and be done with it. Is it different?
5 > > Oh, yes, absolutely. It couldn't be better if it were the same, could
7 > First, why do we need that much code?
8
9 Because there is that much real world. Sure, you and I only need a small
10 subset of it, but can you guarantee it is the same subset? The idea is
11 that GRUB2 can work everywhere out of the box, without tweak, hacks and
12 patches.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Cross a tagline and a tribble? You get a full HD...