From: Sergio Polini <sp_rm_it@×××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] WinXP under VMWare: no sound
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 22:35:01
1 Hans-Werner Hilse:
2 > On Sun, 5 Nov 2006 12:55:58 +0100 Sergio Polini <sp_rm_it@×××××.it>
3 >
4 > wrote:
5 > > Since vmware-dsp (which is ~amd64) doesn't compile, I have:
6 > > - emerged alsa-oss
7 > > - chmod +s /usr/lib/libaoss.so.*
8 >
9 > ^^^
10 > Why did you do that?
11
12 I did that because, as far as I have understood, I had to ;-)
13
14 > Try setting it back and then use LD_PRELOAD.
15
16 Done. Sound still not working, unless I run aoss vmware (or aoss
17 wmplayer) as root.
18
19 > Your normal user account can't possibly change to another user
20 > (probably root in this case for /usr/lib/libaoss.*...).
21
22 I suspect that there is a glibc "problem":
23 http://www.vmware.com/community/message.jspa?messageID=26228
24 Look at the posts by... Richard Fish ;-)
25
26 Sergio
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list