From: "Sven Köhler" <skoehler@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: What does "future video mode" mean for the i810 xorg driver?
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 11:39:30
1 > I looked at this tool. It allows me to patch the bios table w/ resolution and bpp value - but not with the rest of the mode line timings. How can I change that?
2
3 It seems, that you can't.
4
5 All the Linux-stuff is using the BIOS to switch modes. Also see this page:
6 http://intellinuxgraphics.org/documentation.html
7
8 Question: Is the BIOS still used for mode setting?
9 Answer
10 Yes, the direct mode setting work isn't finished yet, and therefore the
11 released driver still uses the system BIOS to select and set the
12 graphics mode. There is an experimental version of the direct mode
13 setting driver available via git: You're free to give it a try; it's
14 published on the mode setting branch in the xf86-video-intel git
15 repository. The mode setting branch supports the i810 through i945 hardware.