From: Michael Brinkman <thygreatswaggedone@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo's future directtion ?
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 17:57:31
1 I may be misunderstanding, but isn't this cutting back the centralized
2 development and a pushing for more extensive use of overlays?
3
4 To me overlays cause a problem with packages overlapping each other too
5 much because its the way their maintainers' ebuilds are written.
6
7 If anything, I'd suggest continued gentoo centralized development with an
8 AUR type system that is accessible to gentoo unstable users over the top if
9 we are just throwing ideas around.
10