From: Coert Waagmeester <lgroups@××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SOLVED portage Digest verification failed
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 14:25:16
1 On 04/23/2011 02:50 AM, Mark Shields wrote:
2 > On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 11:41 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com
3 > <mailto:rdalek1967@×××××.com>> wrote:
4 >
5 > Coert Waagmeester wrote:
8 > Hello Dale,
9 >
10 > Managed to fix it.
11 > I downloaded a new portage snapshot, extracted it, and used a
12 > completely
13 > different mirror for the emerge --sync, and it worked.
16 > Thanks,
17 > Coert
23 > Any particular reason you downloaded a whole new snapshot? A emerge
24 > --sync would do the same only faster.
25 >
26 > Just curious.
27 >
28 > Dale
29 >
33 > What he said. If changing to another rsync mirror is what really fixed
34 > it, esyncing after that would've fixed the problem.
35
36 Hello Dale,
37
38 You are right. I did just an emerge --sync later on another gentoo box
39 with the different mirror, and the problem disappeared.
42 Thanks,
43 Coert