From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Devede and Devedeng. ISO size problem
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 07:42:26
1 Howdy,
2
3 I've been using the original Devede software to make DVDs of movies, TV
4 shows etc.  It is no longer maintained and is no longer in the tree.  At
5 some point, it will likely stop working at all.  I installed and played
6 with the new and improved Devedeng.  While it works differently, I like
7 the new one better.  It seems to have less clicking to add files and get
8 the menu set right.  I'm having a issue tho.
9
10 My issue is the ISO is to large.  On one DVD I made, it had a dozen 40
11 minute long shows on it.  They were small black and white videos.  I can
12 create it just fine with the same shows with the old Devede but the new
13 Devedeng creates a ISO that is over 5GBs.  Obviously, that is a problem
14 since it won't fit on a normal DVD.  I googled, found others with the
15 same problem on older versions of Devedeng.  I tried to apply the
16 solutions on the current version but some solutions are no longer
17 available, grayed out, or the options are no longer where I can find
18 them.  I even looked for a default config file to see if I could edit
19 some setting there.  So far, I can't find one in my user directory.  It
20 seems no matter what I do, it makes a ISO that is to large even tho the
21 old version can create it just fine.  As a test, I took the files I set
22 up with the new Devedeng, added some more files to it and the old Devede
23 could still make a ISO file that would fit on a DVD with no problems.
24 It has to be a setting somewhere that I just can't find.  And by the
25 way, I am clicking the adjust disc usage button before clicking forward
26 to create the ISO.  It's a habit by now.  ;-)
27
28 media-video/devedeng-4.11.0::gentoo was built with the following:
29 USE="-libav" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_6 -python3_4 -python3_5"
30
31 Anyone else run into this and know a fix that works on current versions
32 of Devedeng?
33
34 Thanks for the help.  Let me know if anyone needs to know about a setting.
35
36 Dale
37