From: James Colannino <gentoo@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT?] ram question
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 01:43:06
1 I read and noticed that you said both sticks are PC-3200. I have
2 another question: are you mixing registered and unbuffered memory
3 (registered memory has an extra chip in the middle)? If so, it's
4 possible that this could be a problem (I had a problem that actually
5 turned out to be a bad BIOS setting, but I also can't remember if the
6 same thing was due to my mixing the two at some point, which I had at
7 first thought was the problem. It may be a long shot, but it's worth
8 looking at anyway.)
9
10 James
13 My blog: http://www.crazydrclaw.com/
14 My homepage: http://james.colannino.org/
15
16 "If Carpenters made houses the way programmers design programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy all of civilization." --Computer Proverb
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list