From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: new printer suggestions?
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 16:33:28
1 Neil Bothwick <neil <at> digimed.co.uk> writes:
5 > I have a Brother MFC-7460DN network laser AIO. Both printing and scanning
6 > work fine, using modified ebuilds from b.g.o. Duplex printing also works
7 > as expected.
8
9 OK, well, I cannot find any other printer close to the price/feature list,
10 as I really need 11x17 (ledger size paper) to print drawings, schematics
11 and 1/4 scale cad files (22" x 34") is the common autocad files I have
12 to create; 11x17 is 1/4 that size and they fold up nicely into a
13 standard 8.5x11 report.
16 If I get in trouble with this hack, I'll drop you a line......
17 If you run across a wiki basically outlining the process,
18 let me know.
21 James