From: Momesso Andrea <momesso.andrea@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Email client for a SLOW connection
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 15:44:20
1 On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 08:15:05AM -0700, Grant wrote:
2 > I'm on an excruciatingly slow internet connection right now. The
3 > email client seems to be the major productivity blocker. Thunderbird
4 > spends a lot of time loading or whatever and squirrelmail is just
5 > slow. Would something like mutt be an improvement? Any other
6 > recommendations?
7 >
8 > - Grant
11 When I use my gprs connection (5kb/s max download speed on well covered
12 areas) I feel confortable with mutt over gmail's imap.
13
14 Obviously I avoid opening messages with big attachments (mutt shows the
15 size of the message in a summary without opening it)