From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to use RAM
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 01:24:10
1 On 14 Oct 2009, at 21:34, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > On Wednesday 14 October 2009 22:21:38 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
4 >
5 >> I remember standing in front of two Sun servers with 4gb each a
6 >> couple of
7 >> years ago.
8 >> I was stuck in awe. So much ram.
9 >
10 > I have 3 of those monsters in my decommissioned stores that you are
11 > more than
12 > welcome to come and fetch them, you can awe them in the privacy of
13 > your own
14 > home all day :-)
15 >
16 > Bring a 1 ton truck. Those beasts are big and heavy. Very heavy. It
17 > takes four
18 > of our big lads to pick them up.
19
20 If it weren't so far I would totally take you up on that. I really
21 want some mutlirack SGIs, though.
22
23 Stroller.