From: "Jed R. Mallen" <jedmallen@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] alternatives to audacious?
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 01:25:05
1 On 6/5/07, Denis <denis.che@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > What are some alternatives to Audacious mp3/CD player? I really liked
3 > the old XMMS and used it right up until it was taken off portage.
4 > Audacious seems to resemble XMMS closely enough, but it seems more
5 > fragile. I have it working well on one gentoo box, but on this box, I
6 > am just having no luck getting it to run without errors (won't read
7 > audio CD, master volume control is not functional, playlist errors on
8 > start-up... ) I'm looking for something with a GUI rather than a
9 > command-line player.
10 >
11 > Thanks.
12
13 * media-sound/bmpx
14 Available versions: ~0.36.1
15 Homepage: http://www.beep-media-player.org
18 Although I prefer mplayer console on most of my multimedia needs, I've
19 been using bmp on my old Debian box and it works okay with a nice
20 xmms-like feel to it.
21
22 I use mplayer on the console on Gentoo.
23
24 I think bmpx [http://bmpx.beep-media-player.org/site/BMPx_Homepage]
25 looks different from its predecessor though. Haven't tried it yet.
28 Jed R. Mallen | GPG key ID: 81E575A3 fp: 4E1E CBA5 7E6A 2F8B 8756
29 660A E54C 39D6 81E5 75A3 | http://jed.sitesled.com
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list