From: Nick Khamis <symack@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No direcotry, logging in with HOME=/?
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 16:21:03
1 Yes of course.... Now when I fire up gnome, I see nothing on my desktop and
2 nothing is working (cannot open console, or firefox etc..). I When I
3 load gnome I see:
4
5 "please contact your system administration to resolve the follwoing issue:
6 could not resolve the address "xml:readwrite:d/.gconf" in the configuration
7 file "/etc/gconf/path" : Failed could not make direcotry 'd/.gconf': No such
8 file or direcotry.
9
10 isusing a startx as root from console.
11
12 Your Help Is Greatly Apprecated,
13
14 Regards,