From: antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] haven't been able to build android-tools for months
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2021 20:59:26
1 On 06/09/2021 20:23, n952162 wrote:
2 > Aggh!
3 >
4 > 00~/adm/gentoo/emerged>eselect gcc list
5 >  [1] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-9.3.0 *
6 >  [2] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-10.3.0
9 > $ eselect news list | grep gcc
10 >
11 > doesn't turn up anything.  When should/may one upgrade?
12 >
13 > Thank you for the tip!   That's surely what's going on.
14
15 Others may chime in and say I'm wrong, but my immediate reaction would
16 be an "eselect gcc set 2" to upgrade the active gcc. An "emerge
17 --depclean" without that could easily leave you with a broken system -
18 probably easy enough to fix but still a nightmare until you realise
19 what's happened ...
20
21 If there's no news, then the change *should* not be a problem.
22
23 And if you're at all worried, follow that with an "emerge -e @system".
24 Provide it runs successfully ... you will have a working system, even if
25 bits of it break. Only downside, it will probably take quite a while to
26 run ...
27
28 Cheers,
29 Wol