From: Ashley Dixon <ash@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Converting a Portage Flat File to a Directory Structure
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2020 15:59:25
1 On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 09:18:04AM -0600, Grant Taylor wrote:
2 > I wasn't aware that you could put sub-directories in
3 > /etc/portage/package.use. I've always had to put the files directly in that
4 > directory, not sub-directories. As such, my files have names like
5 > sys-apps-util-linux to avoid naming collisions. Perhaps things have changed
6 > since I last tried to use a sub-directory or I am misremembering.
7
8 I'm not sure if this is a new feature, but to my knowledge, package.*
9 directories are able to emulate the structure you have in /var/db/repos/gentoo,
10 i.e. <category>/<package>.
11
12 > I think it should be relatively easy to script reading the line, extracting
13 > the package name, munging the name, and writing the entire unmodified line
14 > to a new file based on the munged name. If directories work, create and
15 > populate them without munging names.
16
17 Yeah, I think I will have to dust off my old shell-scripting manual. Somehow I
18 always find a way of avoiding scripting, as I have a strong disliking towards
19 it. I was just curious if there was a pre-existing tool included with Portage.
23 Ashley Dixon
24 suugaku.co.uk
27 DA96 D18A
28 8A7B B0D2