From: luciano mannucci <l.mannucci@×××××××××××××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] PPC64 on IBM Power8
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 14:08:36
1 Hello,
2
3 I'm trying to install the last Gentoo on a virtual machine on an IBM
4 Power8. It refuses to boot the minimal CD saying that it is not
5 bootable.
6
7 The IBM literature says that Power8 will never boot a 32 bit system, so
8 I tryed the last ppc64 mini install for ppc64 that I found googling
9 around, which is a 2007.0-r1 and this one boots (putting the video in
10 low intensity, which is a nuisance I can cope with).
11 Now I'm wondering: should I try to build everithing from there, or is
12 it possible to get a more recent install version for the ppc64
13 architecture?
14
15 Thanks in advance for any advice,
16
17 Luciano.
18 --
19 /"\ /Corso Milano, 102/1 Vigevano - PV (Italy)
20 \ / ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN / PHONE : +39 2 485781 FAX: +39 2 48578250
21 X AGAINST HTML MAIL / E-MAIL: luciano@×××××××××××××××.it
22 / \ AND POSTINGS / WWW: http://www.mannucci.ORG/