From: Indi <thebeelzebubtrigger@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: thunderbird "fixed" folders? [SOLVED]
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 12:17:39
1 On Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 06:56:25AM -0400, Tanstaafl wrote:
2 > On 2011-06-06 6:34 AM, Indi wrote:
3 > >
4 > > After much googling the conclusion is many many people are desperately
5 > > unhappy about the fonts in tbrd and incredibly, it ain't fixable!
6 > > Hard-coded font sizes -- isn't that, like, retardn00b mistake #4?
7 > > :)
8 >
9 > Easily fixable... Tools > Options > Display > Formatting
12 No, that only works for the message body.
13
14 > > Another giant, glaring flaw: Doesn't appear to be any addressbook
15 > > integration whatsoever that I can find, so it's necessary to pretend
16 > > it's the 80s and remember the ancient practice of clunkily, manually
17 > > C & P from the *separate* addressbook. Jeeeezus, and people think mutt
18 > > is barebones, LOL (address autocompletion Just Works in mutt).
19 >
20 > Auto-completion's been working fine for me since 1.0...
21 >
22 > Methinks you are experiencing a PEBKAC problem...
25 Could be, but I doubt it.
26 Sure would help if they didn't hate the visually impaired...
27
28 > > I've already got a whopper of an eyestrain headache just from
29 > > testing it.
30 > >
31 > > Tbird dismissed, not a realistic option.
32 >
33 > Your dismissal is dismissed...
34 >
35 > Did you get Mutt configured to your liking in 30 seconds? Or did you
36 > actually spend a few minutes, and not ass-u-me that your initial
37 > dislikes were not fixable?
40 Could be that you've done something "special" to make autocomplete
41 work, it surely doesn't work out of the box for me.
42 Anyway, the font thing is a total deal killer.
43
44 BTW, those of us with vision issues *need* the options for fonts to be
45 obvious, otherwise testing and configuration is very painful. But I
46 believe enough hours were spent testing that if I didn't find it either
47 it doesn't exist or is something my users would never find. Google
48 reports
49 "it doesn't exist". Only the fonts in the message itself are affected by
50 the GUI fonts dialog, the folder pane and message list are
51 teensy-weensy no matter what (and this includes tracking down all the
52 font specs available in the /usr/lib/thunderbird/ and editing
53 those, installing alternate themes and editing those, etc).
54
55 Glad it works for you and you're happy, but don't recommend it to your
56 friends with less than perfect vision as you'll be wasting their time.
57 :P
60 klaatu virada nicto