From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] kdepim-4.7.3 or shall I wait for 4.7.4
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 11:09:39
1 I have held back from an upgrade until I had some free time over the Christmas
2 hols, because I was fearing the kmail-migrator going belly up and leaving me
3 with a broken mail client in the middle of a busy week.
4
5 Now it's time to consider this upgrade, but I notice the 4.7.4 is in the offing
6 and would probably go stable (which is what I run) in early January.
7
8 Is it worth me waiting until then (by which time I'm back at work) or shall I
9 just upgrade to 4.7.3 because as far as migration to akonadi is concerned
10 there's no difference between the two (I think) ?
11
12 Also, has anyone tried running akonadi with sqlite3? That's how I've been
13 running it so far with no discernible problems (despite devs warnings about
14 sqlite in general being unable to cope with parallel access/read/write calls
15 from kdepim).
16 --
17 Regards,
18 Mick