From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Would emerge --sync remove old profiles?
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 23:56:10
1 On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 3:28 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 22:30:07 +0200, Henry Gebhardt wrote:
3 >
4 > > It hasn't been mentioned yet, but ebuilds of all installed packages can
6 > > emerge --sync can mess around with /usr/portage all it wants, your
7 > > ebuilds will still be there until you unmerge the package. Right?
8 >
9 > Right, but only the ebuilds, not any other files needed to re-emerge the
10 > package, such as patches stored in the portage tree. For those, you'd
11 > have to go to the CVS attic if the package have been removed from the
12 > main portage tree.
15 > --
16 > Neil Bothwick
17
18 Neil,
19 Do you know of a source for the unsupported & hence deleted
20 profiles? I'm wandering around in the CVS attic. I don't see them,
21 presumably because they aren't something that was ever in portage, but
22 the attic is pretty deep and they could possibly be there in some
23 section I haven't noticed yet..
24
25 Thanks,
26 Mark