From: Daniel Pielmeier <billie@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: firefox 68
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2019 17:14:47
1 Mick schrieb am 18.09.19 um 11:47:
2 > On Monday, 16 September 2019 17:55:45 BST Daniel Pielmeier wrote:
3 >
4 >> What fixed the issue for me was deleting the files addons.json and
5 >> addonStartup.json.lz4. As well as addons.sqlite which is superseded by
6 >> addons.json anyway.
7 >>
8 >> After this firefox started fine. Having had problems with addons before
9 >> I knew deleting this files is somewhat safe. At least there weren't any
10 >> apparent problems afterwards. Bonus is you keep all your settings for
11 >> firefox and the addons.
12 >>
13 >> However I can't guarantee this works for everybody so create a backup of
14 >> your firefox profile before.
15 >
16 > I haven't found any addons.sqlite on two systems so far. Deleting only
17 > addonStartup.json.lz4 allowed Firefox to launch, without losing any settings,
18 > bookmarks, addons, extensions, etc.
19 >
20 > The addonStartup.json.lz4 file (as well as addons.json if re/moved), are
21 > recreated next time FF is launched. Perhaps something in the FF json engine
22 > changed and the old json script syntax is not liked much.
23 >
24 > Thanks again Daniel for your suggestion. :-)
27 You're welcome.
28
29 As I mentioned, addons.sqlite was superseded by addons.json. This
30 happened with firefox version 25.0. So it only exists on systems which
31 had older versions of firefox installed.
32
33 The installation here is around 6.5 years old and at this time there was
34 firefox 22. However I rescued the profile from previous hardware so it
35 might as well be more than 12 years. But at this time I probably still
36 used SeaMonkey or even the Mozilla Suite.
39 Regards
40 Daniel