From: Jean Magnan de Bornier <jean@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] beamer
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 08:12:09
1 Le 17 septembre à 09:51:23 Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na> écrit notamment:
2
3 | Hi folks,
4 >
5 | I have just heard about a TeX/LaTeX extension by the name "beamer" that can
6 | produce stunning slide shows. I have been told that it beats PowerPoint,
7 | Impress, KPresenter and any other presentation software hands down due to
8 | TeX's built-in knowledge of true typesetting. Another advantage is that the
9 | result is a PDF and can be presented on any system with a fairly recent PDF
10 | viewer. A friend of mine showed it to some PowerPoint magicians and
11 | apparently, they were blown away.
12
13 All this is just *true*
14 (You can also do some fantastic things with ConText)
17 | I tried
18 | emerge --pretend --verbose beamer
19 Should be emerge --pretend --verbose latex-beamer
22 Jean Magnan de Bornier | Cours Victor Hugo
23 e-mots: jean at bornier.net | 13980 Alleins France
24 T 08 70 39 34 03 | P 06 09 17 35 87
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list