From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How often -uD world?
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 07:58:44
1 On Donnerstag 10 September 2009, Maxim Wexler wrote:
2 > HI group,
3 >
4 > My netbook has only (4+8)G of sketchy SSD + SDHC RAM for everything
5 > and I am determined not to emerge anything I don't really need.
6 >
7 > But now that I'm mobile I have the capability of doing a -uD world
8 > whenever it's required without having to take days of dialup time.
9 >
10 > Question is, when's that? I assume with fewer packages, updating is
11 > not as urgent as on a big desktop with lots of HD space and lots of
12 > apps.
13 >
14 > Is there some sort of rule-of-thumb when it comes to timing or spacing
15 > their updates that members use to keep gentoo happy?
16 >
17 > Maxim
20 I do 'it' every morning. I am still tired, eix-sync, when I come back with my
21 tea, I see the updates, emerge -auvD world, ready when the sugar is in the
22 tea. Checking the list. Drinking some of the tea and contemplating the
23 updates, then 'y'. when I am ready to rock, the updates are done.
24 ...