From: Michael Cook <mackal.cook@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Libsld, what gives?
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 00:26:10
1 On 11/16/22 19:18, Laurence Perkins wrote:
2 >
3 >> tortoise ~ # eclean-dist
4 >> * Building file list for distfiles cleaning...
5 >> * ERROR: games-strategy/boswars-9999::poly-c failed (depend phase):
6 >> * EAPI 6 unsupported.
7 > Possibly also need to upgrade portage and/or gentoolkit first. That's usually a good idea regardless.
8 >
9 >> Hmm, poly-c is looking like it's a common factor here.
12 > Overlays can go stale, even if they were previously necessary to fix something. For long-term use pulling just the ebuilds you need into your own overlay often works out better.
13 >
14 > LMP
15
16 Personally I just mask the overlay and unmask what I need. If something
17 breaks, I look into fixing it. Upgrading rather frequently seems to
18 limit this, just maintain the system. Waiting months and then having to
19 deal with tons of changes and an overlay going dead (I don't think
20 poly-c exists anymore?) is way worse.