From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] upgraded video card, nvidia drivers no longer work
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 20:41:54
1 Budd, Tracy wrote:
2 >
3 > xorg.conf below. Note that driver changed to nv in order to run X.
4 > If I try to use "nvidia" I get a blank screen and the machine locks.
5 > I checked the Xorg.0.log file and the machine seems to have died
6 > before it wrote anything.
7 > Suggestions appreciated.
8 > -Tracy
11 Two thoughts here. Have you tried to re-emerge the drivers? I don't
12 think it will matter but it may. I noticed when I tried to upgrade a
13 while back that I got a error that the new driver would not work with my
14 specific card so watch for anything "funny". It may also be worth
15 checking the nvidia website to make sure you got the right driver too.
16
17 Other than that, it's weird.
18
19 Dale