From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Heads-up: Several kernel versions have severe EXT4 data corruption bug
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 03:30:37
1 On Oct 26, 2012 3:14 AM, "Dale" <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Pandu Poluan wrote:
6 >> On Oct 25, 2012 10:08 AM, "Michael Mol" <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
7 >> >
8 >> >
9 >> > http://lwn.net/Articles/521022/
10 >> >
11 >> > Links to relevant analysis. Useful comments. 'nuff said.
12 >> >
13 >> > --
14 >> > :wq
15 >>
16 >> Nice find, thanks. But the update to that article which gave a link to
17 Theo T'so email is quite unnerving. He said that his initial hypothesis had
18 not been proven and he himself is back in the dark.
19 >>
20 >> Not much confidence in ext4 for the time being for me. Back to reiserfs?
21 ;-)
22 >>
23 >> Rgds,
24 >> --
28 > Or just don't update the kernel until it is fixed. After all, if the
29 kernel you are using works and is not a serious security problem, just use
30 it for a while. They will fix it pretty soon I'm sure.
33 Unfortunately, since Ted T'so himself couldn't even pinpoint what's wrong,
34 how can I be sure that other kernel versions are unaffected?
35
36 Rgds,