From: Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg-x11 7.0 does not work with nvidia-glx-1.0.7174-r5
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 19:04:19
1 Philipp Riegger wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > Unfortunately i am forced to use nvidia-glx-1.0.7174-r5 because my
5 > graphic card is not supported by newer versions of the driver. I also
6 > use kernel 2.6.11 because of that.
7 >
8 > But now xorg does not seem to work with that driver:
9 >
10 > (EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to load the NVIDIA kernel module!
11 > (EE) NVIDIA(0): *** Aborting ***
12 > (EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.
13 >
14 > Fatal server error:
15 > no screens found
16 >
17 > What can i do? I also tried to get it to work with nv instead of nvidia,
18 > but that does not work, too. I get some warnings but no errors.
19 >
20 > Philipp
23 Try lsmod and see if it is loaded. I have been known to rmmod nvidia
24 then modprobe nvidia just to make sure everything goes without a error.
25
26 Hope that helps.
27
28 Dale