From: Ryan Sims <rwsims@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Guidance on encrypting my /home
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 17:47:11
1 On 8/13/06, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 18:32:49 -0700, Richard Fish wrote:
3
4 [snip]
5
6 > > > What apps and/or combination of apps do you use, and why?
7 > >
8 > > dm-crypt with cryptsetup using the LUKS format.
9 >
10 > Same here, but only for /home and my backup directory. I really should
11 > encrypt swap too.
12
13 This thread piqued my interest; I found this:
14 http://gentoo-wiki.com/SECURITY_System_Encryption_DM-Crypt_with_LUKS/loopback_devices
15
16 Is that how you do your home dir? Where do you put the open/close
17 commands? Is fstab smart enough to do this natively?
20 Ryan W Sims
21
22 () ascii ribbon
23 /\ campaign