From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: Gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Which Union File System?
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 05:09:44
1 I am in the process of making an xva (XenServer Virtual Appliance) to
2 replace the function of the minimal.iso. The main difference would be
3 an 'out-of-the-box' PV-mode support.
4
5 Since it is meant to replace minimal.iso, to make the xva small I plan
6 on using squashfs as root. However, I do understand that some
7 directories need to be writable (e.g., /etc, /var). So, I need to
8 implement a union filesystem to allow writes to writable directories.
9
10 No need for fancy stuffs like write-balancing or logging; the main
11 need here is reliability (stability).
12
13 Which union filesystem do you recommend?
14
15 Rgds,
20 Pandu E Poluan - IT Optimizer
21 My website: http://pandu.poluan.info/