From: Thufir <hawat.thufir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] depclean pwdb?
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 19:42:54
1 On 7/15/07, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 7/15/07, Crayon Shin Chan <crayon.shin.chan.uk@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > On Sunday 15 July 2007 12:48, Thufir wrote:
4 > > > Why does depclean "want" to remove the pwdb package?
5 > >
6 > > Maybe because it's no longer needed? FWIW I've removed it from two of my
7 > > systems with no ill effects - so far.
8 >
9 > I did the same on my main system. I worried about it, of course, but there
10 > have been no problems in the two weeks or so since I did that.
11 > Let it go.
12 [...]
13
14 Thanks, guys. What about that kernel? I'm thinking it's probably not
15 the kernel I'm using, but I'm not positive.
18 thanks,
19
20 Thufir
21 --