From: "Marko Kocić" <marko.kocic@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Summer laptop overheat
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 19:13:21
1 Hi,
2
3 during this summer when temperatures are high, I noticed that my
4 laptop often (almost always) overheat when I try to emerge some
5 larger package (gcc, glibc, kernel, ...)
6
7 This started happening some time ago, but was bearable until now. Now
8 I can't compile almost anything, my laptop just switch off.
9
10 I tried lowering CPU frequency to avoid overheat, but with no effect.
11
12 Is there some "magic" option to enable in order to reduce heat?
13 How should I check that my fans are running properly under gentoo?
14
15 This doesn't happen in windoze, on the same machine (although I don't
16 do so heavy compiles there)
17
18 Thanks,
19 Marko