From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Again some "headless" stuff/question
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 16:47:51
1 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> [14-10-07 17:24]:
2 > On Sun, 5 Oct 2014 06:34:55 +0200, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 >
4 > > for starting and running a script on a headless system for me "nohup"
5 > > works perfectly.
6 > > For interactive session via ssh screen/tmux turned out to be the
7 > > solution to detach from jobs started from the commandline.
8 > > Both are hints/help I received from the community here. :)
9 > > Thank you very much !!! :)))
10 > >
11 > > Since the screen/tmux thingie is THAT convenient I would like to start
12 > > this as the default when logging in via ssh.
13 > > I could write a script which is started by the shell (zsh) which in
14 > > turn is started as part of the login process.
15 > > Screen would start another shell and TADA!...
16 > > But this is an embedded system...
17 > >
18 > > The result should be a running screen session right after login via
19 > > ssh.
20 > >
21 > > Is there any "shorter path" to what I am trying to do -- without the
22 > > cascade of shells which do nothing but waiting of the child process to
23 > > end?
24 >
25 > I have this in ~/.zshrc.
26 >
27 > if [[ "${TERM}" != "screen" ]] && [[ -z "${STY}" ]] && [[ ! -f ~/.noscreen ]]; then
28 > screen -xRR && exit
29 > fi
32 > --
33 > Neil Bothwick
34 >
35 > Last words of a Windows user: = Where do I have to click now? - There?
36
37 Hi Neil,
38
39 this logs me out instantly....
40
41 If executed directly from the commandline it works.
42 Is there any other settings, which may effect screen?
43 ...there is no .screenrc...
44
45 Best regards,
46 mcc