From: Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CD ROM does not play audio CD's
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 11:34:20
1 Mark Kirkwood <markir@××××××××××××.nz> wrote:
2
3 > I wrote:
4 > > Not a console player, but totem plays cds and movies with minimum of
5 > > fuss, and if you have the complete Gnome install then it is "just there".
10 > Actually, I am completely mistaken...it's sound-juicer that is playing
11 > the cd I'm listening to right now (I usually listen to streaming mp3s
12 > that *are* played by totem)... sorry for the confusion!
13
14 sound-juicer has several problems:
15
16 - it depends on gstreamer/libcdio which is not a logal code combination.
17
18 - It uses libmusicbrainz to extract the TOC and gets wrong TOC
19 information for CD-extra, then tries to "play" data tracks.
20
21 Jörg
24 EMail:joerg@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
25 js@××××××××××××.de (uni)