From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] revdep-rebuild looking for non-existant dev-libs/poppler
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 03:35:44
1 On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 04:55:37PM -0600, Brandon Vargo wrote
2
3 > The old poppler ebuilds (dev-libs/poppler*) were reunited and became
4 > app-text/poppler awhile back. The old poppler ebuilds should not be
5 > referenced anywhere, but apparently they still are on your system
6 > somewhere. Try remerging app-text/poppler manually (using --oneshot, so
7 > it isn't added to world), then running revdep-rebuild again.
8 >
9 > Make sure you have run emerge --sync recently, so that the portage cache
10 > is up to date and any global updates have been applied. You could also
11 > try removing the revdep-rebuild cache files
12 > in /var/cache/revdep-rebuild/, but according to the output you included,
13 > the package atoms are not coming from the cache.
14
15 Thank you very much. That problem has been taken care of. I last
16 updated my backup machine a few weeks ago, which is why it has ancient
17 stuff on it. There's a lot of stuff in /var/log/portage/elog to plow
18 through. I wonder what other problems I'll discover.
21 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>