From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Anyone using libreoffice 3.5.0.0 yet?
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 22:41:16
1 On 12/05/2011 09:41 AM, Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 8:36 AM, Albert W. Hopkins
3 > <marduk@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
4 >> IIRC, libreoffice was released with *experimental* support for gtk3, and
5 >> have acknowledged that there are issues with the gtk3 port. However
6 >> Gentoo decided to enable gtk3 support by default. However it *should*
7 >> work as expected when built against gtk2.
8 >
9 > Looks like the ebuild has been updated and now has -gtk3 by default. :)
10
11 Yes, I just finished rebuilding it and all the painting problems are gone.
12 No hacking needed :)
13
14 Just be aware that some settings may get reset to default values and you
15 need to look in the various preferences menus or toolbar settings to get
16 back your favorite look and feel. Not a big deal as long as you know
17 what to do about it. All of my usual settings are still available but
18 I had to re-enable them before I was sure they weren't removed or broken.