From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] KDE update causes bizarre behaviour
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 07:53:01
1 I manhandled a huge update of Qt + KDE last weekend
2 & am now using Qt-5.15.2 Frameworks-5.77.0 Plasma-5.20.5 .
3 It was necessary to unmerge the whole of Qt & remerge it
4 & ditto part of Frameworks : otherwise there were dependency conflicts.
5 Portage seems incapable of handling such situations by itself.
6
7 The digital clock has disappeared from the panel.
8 I tried "add widgets" & can drag it to the panel, but it doesn't stay.
9 I tried another widget (simple calculator) as a test & can't remove it.
10 The icon for the clock in the "add widgets" menu has a small number attached,
11 which has now reached "10", suggesting that I've added 10 versions,
12 but none of them is viewable ; there is an invisible icon in the panel
13 which when R-clicked shows the display for editing the digital clock,
14 but when L-clicked shows a different widget.
15
16 Gwenview now presents my ~/pix/ directory as "Pictures",
17 though its name remains the same in my file system.
18
19 Has anyone else encountered these or other strange phenomena ?
20 Does anyone have a suggestion how to get back to normalcy ?
24 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
25 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
26 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatcadotinterdotnet