From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] konqueror:5 - why couldn't it be more like konqueror:3 ?!!
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 14:57:55
1 OK, I know life moves on, but this move has been a retrograde step for me. My
2 konqueror:5 recently updated seems to have a number of problems and <aheam!>
3 features I am not happy with. Grateful for any pointers to address these. In
4 no particular order.
5
6 1. The Bookmarks Toolbar will *always* show up when launching Konqueror. I
7 deselect Settings/Toolbars Shown/Bookmark Toolbar and relaunch the
8 application, only to find out my deselection will not stick.
9
10 2. The menu shows no icons, only text; buttons like open new tab/close current
11 tab show no icons, making difficult to guess.
12
13 3. When used as a file manager Konqueror will only open directories or files
14 if I double click on them. I have set up in systemsettings5 Hardware/Input
15 Devices/Mouse/Single click to open files and folders. Konqueror ignores it.
16
17 4. All my years of Bookmarks of Konqueror:4 gone. I had to import them
18 manually.
19
20 5. Network places, gone.
21
22 6. Left hand Panels with Places/Devices/Folders ain't thaa'r.
23
24 7. Konqueror Introduction page, no icons; unless I hover over them,
25 hyperlinked titles shown in dark grey over a blue background. I know my eye
26 sight is not as good as it used to be, but this is really akin to usability
27 sabotage.
28
29 The are probably more problems I have not captured above, but my experience of
30 konqueror:5 is that of crippleware. I don't know if this has anything to do
31 with it, I am not running konqueror on a full plasma desktop, but as a stand
32 alone application. Have you observed similar?
35 Regards,
36 Mick