From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Can I retrieve my SSL key?
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 02:01:33
1 >>>> I just accidentally overwrote my SSL certificate key.  Is there any
2 >>>> way to retrieve it?  Possibly some sort of export since I haven't
3 >>>> restarted apache2 yet?
4 >>> What, exactly, did you do that caused the overwrite?
5 >> I generated a new key but used the wrong filename so it overwrote a
6 >> key that has an associated certificate.
7 > Hopefully you can still ext3undelete it Worst case you have to parse the
8 > whole disk looking for a pattern with a custom C program (AHH the pain!)
9
10 Got it. I'll contact the certificate issuer to see if there's
11 anything I can do.
12
13 - Grant