From: Nickolay Hodyunya <nickolayh@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why is postgresql so old?
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 16:47:04
1 On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 04:28:02PM +0000, Konstantinos Agouros wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I know I can activate newer version with ACCEPT_KEYWORDS, but why is postgres
5 > at gentoo still at version 8.0 when the most current release is 8.3. Are
6 > there stability issues?
7 according to http://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning
8 postgresql major version upgrades requires dump and restores, so it
9 should be upgrade issues. If you are going to use newer release, you
10 can install it, but in my opinion most of production servers requires
11 only minor version upgrades for bug fixes.
12 --
13 Regards, Nickolay Hodyunya.