From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USE flags...
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 22:52:10
1 Eric Waguespack schreef:
2 > say for example I installed Gentoo with some USE flags, but then I
3 > changed my mind and wanted to add (for example) the "offensive" USE
4 > flag to my make.conf (I have no idea what offensive does, but with a
5 > name like that, it must be good http://gentoo-portage.com/USE ). what
6 > would I do (short of a reinstallation) to recompile everything with
7 > these new USE flags?
10 > Thanks.
13 emerge --newuse world (or, emerge -N world) will search through your
14 installed files for the packages that can use that flag and recompile
15 them with it active rather than inactive.
16
17 (man emerge might be worth a look)
18
19 Holly