From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ntpd problem: randomly refusing/dropping client requests
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 02:42:38
1 On 7/5/06, Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi folks,
4 >
5 > I've got an problem w/ ntpd: syncing w/ ntpdate against it
6 > fails from time to time. Sometimes just for a few minutes,
7 > sometimes longer.
8 >
9 > I know it will call itself stratum 16 (which is dropped by ntpdate)
10 > if it hasn't synchronized to a proper reference clock yet, so it
11 > will take some time after startup until its usable.
12 >
13 > But why are there such problems once ntp has been sychronized ?
14
15 I'm not an ntpd expert by any means, but maybe you could post your config files?
16
17 Also, have you read http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/debug.html?
18
19 -Richard