From: JimD <Jim@×××××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Network is not working after "emerge world"
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 04:14:30
1 Goran Dubajic wrote:
2 > Hi guys,
3 >
4 > I am running Gentoo on Toshiba M45-S369 laptop, with unstable x1. When
5 > I did "emerge world" and carelessly "etc-update" (most of the cfg
6 > files were for x11) and try to boot my laptop today, I got message
7 > that "eth1 is not found" (eth0 is wireless)....
8 > Today I tried to recompile the kernel but it did not help...
9 > Any suggestions?
10 >
11 > Best wishes,
12 > Goran.
13
14 What module do you use for eth1? Is it loaded? Does your wireless
15 work? Do you use dhcp for eth1? Post a little more info about how you
16 had it setup when it worked and then we can work backwards from there
17
18 Jim
19 --
21 There's no place like 127.0.0.1