From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Python and man problems
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2014 18:01:36
1 On Mon, 4 August 2014, at 5:52 pm, Kerin Millar <kerframil@×××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >> ...
3 >> most ... command not found. I've never heard of such a command. It looks
4 >> as though PAGER="most" is defined in your environment. In Gentoo, it is
5 >> normally set as "/usr/bin/less".
6 >
7 > It transpires that sys-apps/most is in portage. Emerging this package should fix it, if you intend to continue using it as the PAGER.
8
9 most is the best manpager I've found found - the default syntax highlighting is perfect for man pages.
10
11 You don't have to make it your default pager, you can set it separately:
12
13 $ env | grep -i page
14 PAGER=/usr/bin/less
15 MANPAGER=/usr/bin/most