From: Peter Gordon <admin@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ncurses apps garbled in text console
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 05:55:22
1 On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 20:03 -0700, Robert Persson wrote:
2 > For some reason (probably a careless etc-update) ncurses based apps (e.g. mc
3 > and kernel make menuconfig) have started looking really ugly when displayed
4 > in a text console, but look fine in xterm and konsole. Rectangular frames
5 > are absent, columns don't line up, the wrong character disappears when I hit
6 > backspace, and so on, to the point of making the applications unusable.
7
8 I've had that issues with the kernel configuration too at times. What
9 are your locale settings? (LC_ALL and LANG)
10
11 If you're using UTF-8, are you sure that you have UNICODE="yes" in your
12 /etc/rc.conf?
13
14 Hope this helps.
15