From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /boot filesystem, SSDs, TRIM
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2018 11:15:10
2 > The other question is why use GRUB on a modern system? UEFI boot managers
3 > are far simpler to work with than GRUBs monster configuration file and in
4 > that case it makes sense to combine /boot with the ESP and use VFAT for
5 > it.
8 I couldn't grok the Gentoo UEFI setup instructions before loosing patience
9 with them. That's weak, so I will try again.
10
11 man mount shows that discard/TRIM is supported by linux vfat driver, as
12 vfat also supports all the fat mount options.