From: Fernando Antunes <fs.antunes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] setting up wireless on gentoo using wireless-tools
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 16:08:53
1 On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 4:27 PM, Nelis Botha <nelis.botha@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Hey guys
4 >
5 > I'm Strugling to set up wireless, have recompiled kernel to include
6 > wireless i have folowed all the documentation and read and folowed tutorials
7 > on gentoo wiki and also i have folowed the /net.examples and
8 > wireless.examples but it keeps giving me errors when i want to start
9 > init.d/net.wlan0
10 > my question is: what should a working /etc/init.d/net look like if I want
11 > to connect to dhcp enabled open wireless dslmodem/router ?
12 >
13 > any advice will be extremely welcome
17 Hi Nelis, I'm using wicd to manager my eth0 and wlan0.
18
19 My /etc/conf.d/net has notinhg but dns_domain=XXXX
20
21 In /etc/init.d I only have net.lo and my /etc/conf.d/rc has
22 RC_PLUG_SERVICES="!net.eth0 !net.wlan0".
23
24 Before using wicd, I had started manually my wlan0 using ifconfig , iwconfig
25 and dhcpcd.
26
27 This configuration works fine for my laptop.
32 > Thanks
33 >
34 > Nelis
35 >