From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg won't start
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 13:59:25
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 08:21:47 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >>> Users should probably make sure there is at least the following
6 >>> in /etc/make.conf:
7 >>>
8 >>> PORTAGE_ELOG_SYSTEM="echo save_summary"
9 >>>
10 >>> So you get a permanent record and a change to view them at the end of
11 >>> a ebuild set.
12 >>>
15 >> Where are those stored? /var by chance?
18 > $PORT_LOGDIR/elog, wherever you've set that to. I think it defaults
19 > to /var/log/portage/elog if you haven't set $PORT_LOGDIR.
24 Well, it looks like I may get to test drive that option. I just tried
25 the new "improved" xorg and the evdev thing, it didn't work. I reset
26 everything back to like it was and now my mouse wheel doesn't work.
27 Looks like I get to emerge some more stuff until I get this fixed. New
28 thread alert.
29
30 I'd like to meet whoever came up with this crap. Just a few minutes
31 behind my woodshed will do.
32
33 Dale
34