From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] compiling via distcc
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 09:48:39
1 On Friday 20 February 2015 06:51:49 Andrew Savchenko wrote:
2
3 > Another approach will be to use one powerful box to build all
4 > packages for an older system: either root filesystem may be
5 > exported via NFS to a powerful host or just copy entire disk image
6 > to and fro that host; afterwards just setarch && chroot to that
7 > image / NFS mount and build all packages using modern hardware.
8
9 I've found it simpler to NFS-export just the package directory to the
10 more powerful host, not the whole file system. Then SSH to the small box
11 and emerge -k. I forget the details now, but I rarely have to fiddle
12 about fixing problems since adopting this procedure.
15 Rgds
16 Peter.