From: Bira <u.alberton@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xmms alternative
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 15:14:06
1 On 11/7/06, ionut cristian cucu <cuciferus@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > "audacious is a good one!"
3 > how come? How come nobody mentioned mpd? now that's lite and it has all one
4 > could want(based on it's clients): command line interface, gtk, qt u name it
5 > as for functionality as well pick a client based on what u want, now mpd
6 > with sonata as client consumes less resources(not by far) than xmms did;
7 > also sonata worked out of the box with my multimedia keys
10 I, at least, don't have much experience with it. Audacious was
11 mentioned a lot because its interface is very similar to XMMS's, and
12 it seems to accept a lot of the same skins and plug-ins. For people
13 explicitly looking for a replacement for XMMS because it's been
14 dropped from Portage, it seems to be the best choice.
18 Bira
19 http://compexplicita.blogspot.com
20 http://sinfoniaferida.blogspot.com
21 --